Indian Street Animal Clinic is proud to be a GOLD Certified Cat Friendly Practice.
Although there are many more domestic cats than dogs throughout the United States, veterinarians tend to see much less of them in their offices. Why is this? The main factor keeping cat owners from making sure their cat gets the care they need is simply the stress of getting their cat to and from the veterinary practice along with their cat’s discomfort throughout the appointment. Aside from this, many owners are unaware that the need for wellness and preventive care is much the same for cats as it is for dogs. The Cat Friendly Practice (CFP) program provides a solution to this trend, helping cat owners to find a vet that will meet the needs of their feline friend.
Indian Street Animal Clinic has worked to achieve Cat Friendly standards, and taken extra steps to make our practice a comfortable place for you and your cat. We hope that these cat-friendly solutions will help more cats receive the preventive care they need for a longer, healthier life.
Some alarming statistics:
- In the United States, there are 86 Million Owned Cats and 78 Million Owned Dogs
- Almost twice as many cats than dogs never visit the veterinarian
- 41% of cat owners visit the veterinarian only for vaccinations
- 39% of cat owners say they would only take their cat to the veterinarian if the cat was sick
- 60% of cat owners report that their cat hates going to the veterinarian
- 38% of cat owners report that they get stressed just thinking about bringing their cat to the practice
- Studies have shown that older cats visit the veterinarian less often than younger cats and that owners of indoor cats are less likely to place a priority on veterinary care than owners of outdoor cats
This information is provided by AAFP (American Association of Feline Practitioners). Please check out their website for more helpful information!